We did it! We almost can't believe it, but we did it! We're now in Las Vegas! We rode 39.2 miles today, and the whole team rode right down the Las Vegas strip and pulled in together at around noon. A huge group was there to greet us, champagne and all! And a TV crew. Check this out!
Here we are as we approached Las Vegas (you can actually see it in the background if you look hard):
Here we are at the end, celebrating (by the way, Kyle had instructed all of us to stop shaving until we got to Vegas, in case you're wondering what that stuff is on my face):
And here's the whole team (actually just the ones that rode the last day - there are a few others that did just earlier parts of the ride):
My replaced tube rode fine today. So over the entire 649 miles, Linda had no flats and I had one. The team had around 40 to 50 flat tires - we feel very lucky!
Here are a few final trip stats:
- Total distance: 649 miles
- Elevation gain: 2,083 feet
- Minimum elevation: 1.2 feet
- Maximum elevation: 4,738 feet
- Climbing distance: 230 miles
- Climbing elevation: 16,259 feet
- Descending distance: 234 miles
- Descending elevation: 14,176 feet